[RE-wrenches] PV powered music festival

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Apr 27 21:57:05 PDT 2011

Dan;

Your system sounds great. I'd love to hear it sometime.
Just one question: how come no tube amps?
You're going to have some guitar players screaming; most of the best guitar amps are all tube these days.
I know they waste a lot of power, but they're usually small compared to the PA system.
I've measured a few with a no load draw in the 20 to 40 watt range, maybe peaking at 100 watts. (Marshall 100w head)
I would think the Exeltech would make it sound better than they've ever heard.
Have you had problems?

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer