[RE-wrenches] Oatey and Standoff vs QuickmountPV Labor

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Fri Apr 22 19:07:56 PDT 2011

Jamie,

You did not ask, but I am offering:

I find the Oatey flashing with the elastomeric boot to be a somewhat suspect
product. I know, I know....you see them everywhere on the finest tract
homes....but....

My everlasting image is of 6 or 7 of them peeping out below the last row of
modules..except..there wasn't any rubber there anymore...all rotted out.

Back in the day I went for a custom rolled cone flashings that I could caulk
into the post and slide a rubber counter-flashing over the whole thing.

Overkill....perhaps.

Best of Luck.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems