[RE-wrenches] METAL ROOF ATTACHMENT

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Thu Apr 21 14:27:30 PDT 2011

Wrenches

I'm proposing a PV array on a metal building with L feet attached directly
thru the roof into the purlins. The plan is to use thread cutting SS bolts,
a minimum of ¼-28 pitch. The metal is 14 ga and will engage over 2 full
threads and because the array is only 2 landscape modules on NS rails there
will be 2 bolts for every module. 36 total. Im using a mag base drill press
so the144 holes will be straight & round.
What surprises can I expect or is there an easier way to go about this. Your
2¢ is welcome.

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy
486 W.N. Woody Road