[RE-wrenches] irrigation and direct solar

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:00:52 PDT 2011

That is 480 x 1.73 x40 A x.8 or 26 kW in the peak of the day, five or 6 big
trackers, or about 50 kW of fixed array.  ( I assure they want 40 amp breaker?

I have run 3 phase speed drives from solar array directly into the DC Bus of the
speed drive.  But it is best if it has a gen support.  No need to invert just DC
from array to speed drive and generator is auto loaded.  If the solar can take
the entire load, the gen does no work.

DT