[RE-wrenches] Heavy Duty Modules?

Bill Hoffer sunengser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:37:33 PDT 2011

Doug

Silicon Energy in Washington makes a bomb proof module that is spendy, but
would hold up at $4.75/watt (comes with mounting frame).  There is no frame
on the lower and upper edge which helps snow slide off and they are
laminated with thick Sentry glass by Dupont which is typically used for
hurrican and bullet proof glass.  We tested one with 3600 lbs of sand bags
on it and 6 guys jumping up and down on it before we finally broke it. They
have an interesting frame that contains the wiring and is accessible from
the front.  I also agree that a steeper angle and somewhere for the snow to
pile up is essential.

www.silicon-energy.com   or call Mike Farrell  mfarrell at silicon-energy.com
support at silicon-energy.com
(360)539-1851  cell (425) 319-2780