[RE-wrenches] Battery watering

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Sat Apr 2 11:56:24 PDT 2011

Hi Dana,

Unless your tap water is nearly as mineral free as distilled water, you might want to consider filling your batteries with something other than tap water. I have _no_ experience with automatic battery watering systems but I can comment that the battery doesn't like contaminants. If I am seeing the "hose connection" correctly, attached to the garden faucet, then the distilled water may solve a number of heretofore "battery" problems.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

Distilled water is available (in the laundry area of your supermarket) for under a dollar a gallon from most all supermarkets. I bought a distiller and produce my distilled water for ~$0.07 per gallon.