[RE-wrenches] Value of PV system to a home

Solar Energy Solutions solarenergysolutions at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 10:24:31 PDT 2011

Aah, the persistent and what I find irritating issue of solar and economic value. Simply and as calmly put as I am able, money isn’t the issue, because a simple arithmetic calculation of costs just doesn’t capture the relevant factors. Just like a car, TV, cell phone, couch, or whatever, the real payback is in having something that does something for you, not recouping the costs.  Also, it's the Environment ... !

Sadly, I know this is an extreme view so please don't bombard me with arguments I have heard add nauseam for the last 30 years.

We did have a client who installed a 3kW and solar water heating system and two year into ownership had to sell his house due a job relocation.  In our area, Portland Oregon, the average time a house takes to sell is 5 months.  His sold in a month, at above market rate with folks courting him for the sale.  Whoooo Da... Go Solar!

 Smiles,

Andrew Koyaanisqatsi
President
Solar Energy Solutions, Inc.
Since 1987,
Moving Portland and Beyond
to an Environmentally Sustainable Future.

503-238-4502
www.solarenergyoregon.com

"Better one's House too little one day
than too big all the Year after."