[RE-wrenches] Damaged Modules (Hidden on Pallets)

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Mar 10 10:43:02 PST 2011

I'd like to know your experiences when finding shattered module(s) in
the middle of a full palletized shipment, particularly when you observed
no exterior damage having inspected the shipment carefully. How did your
supplier/manufacturer handle it? How did the freight company handle it,
having not noted anything on the delivery ticket?

I heard of some other installers recently having similar problems. We
heeded the advice to inspect shipments carefully. We just had our first
issue...

Any thoughts on how this kind of damage happens?

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar