[RE-wrenches] Spot welding PV's to rails for theft prevention: bad idea?

Nathan Jones solardude97 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 09:38:03 PST 2011

Jay,
You are so right but the tool of choice these days for the sophisticated thief is the cordless angle grinder and a stack of cutting discs from Harbor Freight. There has been a flurry of this tools use here of late. Deadbolts, padlocks, racks, even safes are dispatched in short order. There is simply no way to stop a determined thief. We can only make it difficult enough that the end no longer justifies the means but if they want it bad enough, it is just a matter of time.
Nathan Jones
Power Source Solar