[RE-wrenches] Spot welding PV's to rails for theft prevention: bad idea?

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Sat Mar 5 07:59:48 PST 2011

The sad truth is that if a determined, competent thief wants your stuff, it's likely gone. Fortunately, MOST thieves are neither.
I use 1/4" stainless steel pop rivets in a situation like this. It takes a grinder to remove them and steal the PV. With a little luck someone will see the sparks from the grinding.
Bob-O