[RE-wrenches] Array tilt angle doesn't matter?

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Mon Feb 21 09:35:26 PST 2011

Jim,
Obviously, your latitude will make a big difference. The further north you go the wider the summer to winter sun angle. Also, I'd want to know if that data was taken using just I/V curves or through a controller which had MPPT capabilities. In a real world situation with MPPT, I'm guessing that matching the array tilt to the sun angle would make more than a 6% difference at 40°+ latitudes.
Besides, what's wrong with an extra 6%??
Cheers, bob-O