[RE-wrenches] PV water pumping

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Feb 10 15:57:51 PST 2011

I strongly agree with the "no batteries" approach. All issues mentioned come to fruit and in far too few years those batteries will be abused to toast and now the system will sit for a very long time if not forever and no water for the community. Your best options are to live with what you can get PV-direct (I'm even hesitant to use trackers in these applications) or drill additional wells nearby if you cannot stack pumps in the well with minimal drop pipe sizing or larger boreholes. On a side note, I'm always hearing from remote folks that they cannot get distilled water and are forced to use whatever and those that can pay through the nose for tiny red bottles of it. I point out that it falls for free from the sky whenever it rains - collect it!

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
$65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d547bae919511e99b8st03vuc