[RE-wrenches] Photosensor for 12VDC System with load controller

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Tue Feb 1 10:31:44 PST 2011

Kent,

Thanks for the great feedback. Your final question is key. I do want it to close at a fairly low voltage (low irradiance). I need the load to run pretty reliably from just after dawn to just before dusk. I think I'll dig deeper and find a relay that a) fits, b) tolerates higher voltage, and c) is low cost. The higher pull in voltage with a resistor in series would probably make the load kick off too often.

Thanks again,

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar

Operations Manager