[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge

Pekka Laine pekka at photonsolarpower.com
Sat Jan 29 11:32:42 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I have installed four SolarEdge systems so far and am happy share my experiences  My first installation is available for public monitoring via monitoring.solaredge.com.  It consists of 26 Aleo s_1.8 225W modules, 26 PowerBoxes installed on Unirac solarmount rail and SolarEdge 5000US inverter. It was commissioned on June 6,2010 and has produced 6.3 MWh of total energy.

Pros:
Module level monitoring
Centralized inverter
Safety voltage for servicing the system
Free internet monitoring & iPhone application

Cons:
Additional wire management and zip-tieing to the racking system
Homerun is DC so it needs to be inside conduit (vs. Enphase)

Tip: Remember to write down your serial numbers for PowerBoxes before installing the modules.

I am happy to answer any other questions as well.

Best regards,

Pekka Laine

President
Photon Solar Power Inc.
www.PhotonSolarPower.com
Cell. 760-556-8170
Toll Free 888-SUN-ACDC
Lic. #933648

Hello,
Can anyone speak to real-life pros and/or cons of Solaredge module MPPT
products and performance? Thanks.

Kirk Herander
Vermont Solar Engineering
802.863.1202