[RE-wrenches] Inverter oversizing

drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Jan 21 06:24:27 PST 2011

> I have REC 215 on Enphase 190.  I see a lot of clipping.  Every sunny
> day in the
> winter and spring.

What angle is your array?  Where is it located?

What I am seeing may be regionally specific.  I have seen some clipping,
but usually the inverters have some overhead left from the 199 W limit.

With the 30 degree angle, even on sunny days with snow on the ground the
inverters max out it the high 180s.  On another system in the area (with a
string inverter)the roof pitch is 45 degrees.  The array can peg the
inverter on those days.  The inverter and the STC rating of the modules
are a perfect match.