[RE-wrenches] Inverter oversizing

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 10:29:46 PST 2011

Kent,

How often were your data records? To capture edge of cloud effects, you need
one-second data. Not many people gather that fast or that much data on
inverters. I don't think there is that much energy in these spikes, but they
are real and make some difference. 15-minute average data will completely
wash out this data.

This is also a deficiency in modeling software since most models are using
hourly data.

Bill.