[RE-wrenches] GEC and EGC Advice

Allen Frishman amfrish at aeonsolar.com
Tue Dec 6 00:29:33 PST 2011

Fellow Wrenchers,
I know this topic has come up before and I have a understanding but I am looking for best practices advice.

When installing a 50KW or larger 3 phase 208V (WYE Service) Inverter on a roof do you run your Grounding Electrode Conductor in a separate conduit from the 3 hots, and the Equipment Grounding Conductor or do you run it all in the same conduit together.

My thought is to run it all in the same conduit and utilize the metalic conduit as the Equipment Ground instead of running a actual conductor for the EGC.

All feedback is appreciated.
Al Frishman
AeonSolar

(917) 699-6641 - cell