[RE-wrenches] Liability

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:43:50 PST 2011

Hey wrenches,

Wanted to see what everyone does in a case like I just encountered.  I got
a call from a tenant for an off-grid system installed by the landlord
(supposedly an electrician).  I went up there to look at the site and it
was a mess.  System lacked OCPDs, there were gouges in the insulation of
the wires, loose terminals, nothing ran in conduit, etc...  I was called up
there to see why the generator was not auto starting.  I got the auto start
working, expressed my concern to the tenant about the workmanship and left.
 Now I'm wondering whether I should have touched the system at all.  What
would you do?  Is there liability here?

Thanks
--

Mac Lewis