[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG+ and 300.34

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:59:11 PDT 2011

Although I am a fan of the IG+, and truly loving not finding space for 2 inverters, I was having a hard time with the AC wiring
on my 11.4 today. I realized on the door that "only 4awg..." can be used for the AC wiring, 'unless the conductors are up-sized for voltage drop'. Actually landing those 4awg in there was a chore to say the least. 300.34 occurred to me and I took out the tape measure and found the 4awg to be 5/16", multiplying by 8 gave me 2.5" maximum bending radius. The IG+ wiring section is 2" from the bottom of the terminal to the bottom of the disconnect. Adding the length of the conductor that lands in the terminal makes for some serious dexterous labor, especially all the way in the back of the disconnect. Hopefully in the future the wiring section will become easier in that regard.

No folding strands!

Nick Vida