[RE-wrenches] Invert first?

Eric Thomas solarepiphany at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:15:27 PDT 2011

Wrenches,

We are designing a super high end grid-tied w/ battery backup system for a
customer. Array will be ~15kW; pole or stand alone structure mounted; 250'
from home/batteries. My question is: does it make any sense to invert the
power at the array and use this ac to make the long run to the batteries
THEN connect to a typical battery charger rather than a dc charge
controller? Im mostly concerned with huge dc conductors making this run
across the property. Havent delved into the specific design enough to size
said conductors yet, or specify any equipment, but wanted to know if im
barking up the wrong tree ir not.
Thanks for the insight.

Eric Thomas
Founder