[RE-wrenches] Inverter sizing

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 20:11:28 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been looking at some archived threads (lots of knowledge on here eh?!) about inverter sizing.  The temperature swings in my area (100 degrees F to -55 degrees F) are making me stay up hours finding inverters and modules that don't clip during the cold snowy months when it is clear.

The data collection info that has been posted has been helpful, but I would like to know what designers are doing to size inverters for situations like this.  Allow clipping? If so, how much is acceptable?  1kW, 2kW during those cold clear days (3 months a year here).  Or is any clipping to much?

Thanks everyone!

Jesse Dahl

Sent from my iPad!!!