[RE-wrenches] Ladders for Inspectors

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Sep 1 07:45:57 PDT 2011

Is anyone being forced to leave ladders up and secured in place for
inspectors? One jurisdiction in our neck of the woods is insisting that
we do this. I believe this is a serious risk to public safety, and I
won't be responsible for some homeowner or curious child getting injured
on or around a ladder propped against a building. The jurisdiction does
not do timed inspections, so we can't even be there to raise the ladder
for them.

Can anyone point to some resources (OSHA?) that I can use to convince
the building official that this is a very bad idea?

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar