[RE-wrenches] Solar Water Pump recommendation?

Darren Anderson darren at self.org
Sat Jul 9 15:15:40 PDT 2011

Hi Wrenches,

I'm hoping you can help me out with some collective wisdom and advice on
pump recommendations for off-grid direct solar water pumping systems that
would be suitable in a developing world context.  We're looking for
submersible pumps that can deliver up to 30 cubic meters per day (8000gpd)
from depths of 40m (130ft) or more.  Specifically, your thoughts on Lorentz
vs. Grundfos would be appreciated, and any other products that would be
worth checking out.

Thanks in advance,
--

Darren Anderson  |  Project Manager