[RE-wrenches] module / panel

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Tue Feb 8 14:49:39 PST 2011

Wrenchers,
Which term do you to describe a single framed unit with either a j-box or two wire leads on the back, module or panel? Which term do you believe to be correct and why?
My interpretation is that a single framed unit is a module.  Any number of modules attached to a single detached 'rack' is a panel, and a group of panels with the same orientation or mounting location/type is an array.
If you agree with my interpretation, what are your thoughts on the widespread use of the term 'panel' to describe a module.
thanks,benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY