[RE-wrenches] PV Encapsulant Quality

Eric Thomas solarepiphany at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:33:27 PST 2011

Here is a great report that goes over advanced life cycle
testing of modules and their reasons for failure.
http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy11osti/47755.pdf . It is a recent study and there
is some good info regarding encapsulents. I can tell you that the high
ranker on the results chart is the Silicon Energy Cascade module. With its
glass on glass encapsulent and integrated wireway, its the most robust
module I've ever seen. We installed the largest WA residential system
utilizing these modules in Dec of last year. They are nice to work
with...not without their challenges of course, but as far as warranty..I
think they will last the test of time.

Eric Thomas
Solar Epiphany
(206)919-3014