[RE-wrenches] Matching modules into Xantrex GT

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Jan 15 10:50:48 PST 2011

Friends:

I have a client with a Xantrex GT2.8 inverter.  Feeding it are 8 Solar
World SW175 modules.  This is half the modules that this inverter can
handle.  The client wants to realize the full potential of this
inverter.  Adding 8 additional SW175 modules would be ideal, but they are
no longer manufactured.

I need to find a group of modules to match the 175s.  I am contemplating 9
SW240s.  The specifications for this match up are below.  I imagine the IV
curves are similar for these two modules as they are the same chemistry and
the same manufacturer.

         8-SW175 9-SW240
Voc     403             382
Vmp     283             275
Imp     4.95            7.87
Pcsi    1252            1715
Ptotal  2.967

Might this match be close enough?  I know this over-powers the inverter
slightly.  I imagine that the Xantrex will self regulate this very rare
over wattage condition.

Comments?

William Miller

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com