[RE-wrenches] cleaning modules

Dana Orzel dana at solarwork.com
Thu Dec 30 16:08:18 PST 2010

Tom,

I owned a window tinting business in N. AZ for 4 years. I cleaned acres of
glass before I sold the biz.

We cleaned all kinds of glass with first - white scotch bright pads, not
green of red only white.

Then using one capful of liquid Joy dish washing soap to 3 gallons of water
in a spray bottle, we had big spray tanks.

Use only fresh single edged razor blades to take off the chunks. A razor
blade is considered dull when you place fingers on both sides of the blade
and pull gently away, if you feel burrs dispose of it and get out a fresh
replacement blade. The soap acts as a surfactant and extends the life of the
razor edge.

Spray the glass with the very lightly soapy water, then scrub with the white
scotch-brite pad. While you have a soapy film razor the glass, edges first
then the mid section.

Acid helps with rust. White vinegar, diluted  muriatic acid, or CLR a boiler
cleaner all may work.

I would do a test section to be sure you are not going to scratch the glass.

Good luck and careful with the razor blades they can be dangerous.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar works, Inc.

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.414

C - 970.209.4076

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"