[RE-wrenches] Trace inverters undercharging batteries.

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Wed Dec 29 12:37:06 PST 2010

Hi Jay,

To previous posts, I would question why the battery is able to freeze.

Assuming nothing drastic, if there are fine ice crystals in the battery
which cause no pressure on the plates, the battery will generally
recover without incident.  Once the battery warms, the slush melts and
SG's will rise as the battery recharges.

However, if there is "ice" in the battery and any deforming of the case
- the battery is very likely destroyed.  Moreover, be very cautious when
recharging such a battery as it will undoubtedly have a short.

Regards,

Jamie

>>> jay peltz <jay at asis.com> 12/29/2010 4:24 PM >>>
Hi Jamie,

Would slushy electrolyte be an problem for a battery?

Would this call for replacing the electrolyte?

thanks,

jay

peltz power