[RE-wrenches] To insulate a battery bank DEPENDS on a lot of factors.

Rob Shappell rob at nwes.com
Thu Dec 16 21:34:47 PST 2010

By the time I get to the end of a thread my input has been injected by
others but here are a couple of things:

Thermal mass of the surrounding building is best for regulating battery
temps.

Consider a vented "Hood" instead of a box.

For ventilation purposes, all Lead Acid batteries should be treated as
flooded.

In-ground batteries may be hard to service.

Cooler batteries are always better than warmer batteries.

If a liquid cooled generator is close by, use some excess radiator heat to
warm the battery area.

In cold environments, don't forget to add water towards the end of the
charge cycle. DUH!!!

Rob