[RE-wrenches] Battery based hydrogen incidents

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Wed Dec 15 09:07:58 PST 2010

Dana,

25 yrs experience. No incidents.

Dave

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Dana
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:10 AM
To: 'RE-wrenches'
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Battery based hydrogen incidents

Ken -

To meet the flow have run 2 and 3 fans to meet the flow. 2" output from the
fan into a 4" header with a matching 2.5" inlet as far away on the lowest
portion of the battery box.

In 22+ years in off grid installations I have yet to see or even hear of one
hydrogen explosion. I get repeatedly asked why we have to go to the efforts
we go to for box and venting. I am not able to provide even one incident
that I have heard rumor of.

Q - How many battery based hydrogen incidents have happened in our
collective experience?

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"

Do not ever belive anything, but seriously trust through action.