[RE-wrenches] Internet-based monitoring -- including battery banks?

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 27 16:50:53 PST 2010

I've got one I can recommend staying away from. GreenMeter. It was a decent
service, works with AC or DC monitoring and I still get a daily output
report, but after 3 merger/takeovers there's nobody left who knows the
system, it's purely running on inertia. Had some trouble a few months ago,
in the midst of which the current owners "tech support" sent me the master
file which unlocks EVERY GreenMeter user's data and system settings! I
didn't, and wouldn't, mess with anyone but they sure made it easy! Also
couldn't help noticing that of the couple thousand meters sold, only a
handful are still active.

So if anyone knows of an internet-based service that can monitor DC (my
5.5kW Outback system) *and* AC (my 6.0kW Fronius IG Plus system), I'd
appreciate hearing about it.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
DC Power Systems