[RE-wrenches] Expected Life of DR2424

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Nov 3 04:57:31 PDT 2010

Hi, In a battery based system, an under-performing PV array is more of a
stressor on the battery than on the inverter. An indirect effect may be that
the battery slumps along at a lower voltage, then when the inverter is
called upon to deliver power it must hog more DC amps--at that lower
voltage. Ohm's law would suggest that to create more heat--and heat is an
enemy of all power electronics.

If the same wattage were drawn from a battery at a higher voltage, that
would be lower amps and lower I2R (I squared R) losses/ lower heat
generation.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com