[RE-wrenches] Need SDHW Flexible Tubing recommendation

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Thu Oct 28 13:18:20 PDT 2010

Allen & Ray,

Ray understands the necessity for the smooth cut on the Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) as the critical element spot on. All the manufacturers I am familiar with sell a special tubing cutter for this purpose. (The only thing special about it is the non cutting rollers are formed to the same convolutions as the CSST to make it harder (not impossible, but harder) to screw up the cut. Initially I resisted buying the specialty tool but I wasted enough tube and time with bad cuts that eventually I saw the light. A very sharp cutting wheel makes the cut even easier.

The non cutting profile roller wheels can be ordered separately from some manufacturers if you want to have your copper tube cutter to do double duty.

As you already know, the armored cable is a spiral conduit wrap, the CSST is not a spiral wrap.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar