[RE-wrenches] modules near salt water

Mike Nelson mdelectricsolar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:06:09 PDT 2010

Jeff,
Just saw an ad in my new Photon magazine for Centrosolar America Inc.
C-Series modules, that is already in use in Europe, which is now available
in the U.S. It claims resistance to extensive salt-spray testing, with no
apparent corrosion after a 60 day saline atmosphere test, even on scratches!
I install on the Mendocino/Sonoma coastline in NorCal and corrosion from the
Sea is one of my biggest challenges. Not as much with the modules
themselves, but with the racking sytem, grounding weebs, galvanized
conduits, or anywhere the metal surfaces meet. Copious amounts of anti-seize
or anti-oxidant help. This is one module that I will consider for future
coastal installations.

Michael D. Nelson
MD Electric & Solar
Gualala Ca.