[RE-wrenches] The perfect solar ready roof

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Oct 19 21:31:52 PDT 2010

Corrugated is really a pain to flash, but the ProPanel type roofing is really easy to work with. It has large (6 to 8"? wide) sections to put mounting feet down on.
Only problem is if the rafter you need, ends up falling under a metal ridge.
Snow slides off metal roofs all at once in big clumps, so be sure and start your top row at or close to the peak of the roof.
I've heard of built up snow sliding all at once on a sunny day, and taking the array with it.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer