[RE-wrenches] Target fire

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 13:41:11 PDT 2010

Hi Daryl:
    Unfortunately, the fault would not have been found with a megger because the
fault occurred after thermal expansion had causes the conduit to separate.  The
fault probably occurred shortly after the conduits separated.  It appears that
what would have prevented the incident would have been if the expansion fitting
on the conduit had been installed correctly, with all of the conduit straps
allowing some movement.  Also, it sounded (from the report) like the conduit
fittings were not tightened fully (only hand tight), which contributed to the
fault.

     This is not typical of the quality I would have expected from this
manufacturer/ commercial installer.  Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537