[RE-wrenches] wrenches] Generator auto start

cvsolar at aol.com cvsolar at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 16:46:00 PDT 2010

Daryl,
   Solar Converters in Canada makes a good Gen start with lots of flexibility.  You have to read the manual carefully to set it up but we have used it several times when we didn't trust the Inverter autostart programming, as well as for 3 wire start generators. One was used to replace a Xantrex SW GSM module but we found out later that the problem was the governor on the Honda generator.  We never did reconnect the Xantrex GSM as the Solar Converters unit was working fine and I didn't want to rewire again.  I suspect the SW GSM may work but we will never know.   I also was about to install one to try to fix a problem with a VFX3524/mate /Kohler 8.5 setup but found multiple problems including a weak RPM sensor on the Kohler as well as a simultaneous problem with a bad input relay on the inverter.  The  Mate AGS is working fine now after replacing the inverter.

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar & Wind.