[RE-wrenches] lifting shingles

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Thu Oct 7 20:02:49 PDT 2010

hey guys, thanks for all the great feedback!  good suggestions, much appreciated!
these are a very robust comp shingle and are ok'd for as low as a 2:12 pitch.  that 'self-sealing strip' activates in warm weather and basically seals these suckers down for good!  matt, fyi, apparently UL tested these and after the self-sealing strip was set, subjected them to two hours of sustained 177 km/h wind with no damage. the mfg, Malarkey warrants them with a 161 km/h wind warranty.bill h, just so happens that these shingles are called 'the alaskan'.  no doubt these are the ones your roofer installed and 'warned' you about.august, i've seen that product before, but haven't tried it yet.  thanks for reminding me about it thou, as i may have a flat roof job where i could try it out.
i'm quite confidant in my l-foot mounting method, so i have no issue going that route for this one.  i'm just trying to use flashings more often, when possible.
thanks again to all the feedback.  by the way, who is bennett? ;)
bennDayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY