[RE-wrenches] PV and Roof Flammability

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Sun Sep 26 06:53:46 PDT 2010

One thing to consider is that PV is installed on a lot of buildings
here, and many more in Europe.  There is ample data available to
determine if PV is a fire hazard.  We should not create codes based
on speculation.  Early on the "what if" factor seemed to play heavily
into the equation.  At this point safety evaluations can be based on
field experience.