[RE-wrenches] Protecting the Installer

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 07:56:09 PDT 2010

HI all
The serious three falls I know of in Minnesota were two ladder related and one no tie off or guard rail.  The two ladder falls were transitioning from the roof to the ladder,  Several OSHA rules were violated, but the biggest was 'Oh I done this before" syndrome.  and "Lets get done hurry up"  The flat roof fall was hot, sunny working without enough breaks for water, lost his balance and was working within 6 feet of edge, and not tied off or no safety rail.