[RE-wrenches] battery life

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Sun Sep 19 18:12:56 PDT 2010

Hi Todd,

Tried to post earlier from my phone but don't think it went.

Dry charge (not moist but true dry) can be stored for 5+ years easily.

The lower the humidity the better as the negatives will discharge in the presence of air if they become wet.

One helpful option is to use cling film / stretch wrap over the vents and then screw in the vent caps tightly.

10+ years is not impossible but as they dry charge batteries age, the activation time will increase and the charge current will have to be reduced.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

>>> Todd Cory <toddcory at finestplanet.com> 9/18/2010 11:56 PM >>>

I have a survivalist minded system owner who is interested in buying a set of deep cycle batteries dry charged. I have heard even dry batteries have a limited lifespan. Can any one comment on that please?

thanks,

Todd