[RE-wrenches] ARRA Question

Orion thornton othornton at solarips.com
Sun Sep 19 09:51:45 PDT 2010

Hi Allan,

We have not seen any universal qualifications for ARRA funded projects,
although a number of RFQ’s have specified NABCEP as a requirement.  It seems
as though each RFQ has been quite different in terms of installer
qualifications, probably a factor of who the contracting agent has worked
with to write the bid documents.  I will say we have been subcontracted on a
few projects, through larger electrical contractors, that needed NABCEP
certification to bid the projects, and I think we will see more ARRA
projects with NABCEP requirements written into the specifications.

Orion Thornton

Project Manager

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Independent Power Systems