[RE-wrenches] T-240 transformer

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Fri Sep 17 16:28:52 PDT 2010

HI  Carl,

I'm not sure what did it.
It has been in service for many years as a step down from a 240v generator, doesn't have a fan, and is worked to its limit a lot.
6500 watt generator, driving a SW4024 trace, at pretty close to max settings.

I replaced it with a Outback w/fan which I have had good luck with.

So in the end unclear except possibly just a breakdown in the insulation due to extreme heat.

jay

peltz power