[RE-wrenches] On Demand Heaters for SDHW

Wayne Irwin wayne at pureenergysolar.com
Fri Sep 17 11:01:20 PDT 2010

Yes , that is my experience with Rinnai, I'm not at all familiar with other brands.

Technically speaking, I'm not sure where the temp sensor is (I imagine you can get a diagram from the manuf.),
but once the pre-heated water reaches the tank less the tank less shuts off.
Which may result in hot water hitting the tap a little sooner,
but to me the time difference isn't worth burning the fuel.

FYI- It seems that as the water arrives from the solar system and temp increases,
the flame in the tank less regulates down until it just shuts off.

Wayne