[RE-wrenches] Delta LAs

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 08:35:12 PDT 2010

Hi Kristopher:
    How about not using them.  I refer to lightning arrestors as lightning
faeries.  We install them to make us feel safe.  They are there to protect our
equipment, but we aren't really sure if they work.  They are inexpensive enough
to install, but don't really do anything.  When I have seen failed lightning
faeries they are always next to burned up electronics.  They don't have a UL
listing, and if they fail, they cause a fault condition.

    I used to say 'they are an inexpensive first line of defense.'  Now I just
don't use them.
    I do find 'Polyphaser' works, though.  But they cost almost as much as new
equipment.  I also think that AC surge suppresion devices are smart.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537