[RE-wrenches] Arc flash concerns

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Tue Aug 31 20:07:49 PDT 2010

Jeff, excellent advice. Even seasoned electricians are negligent in this area.
We've done lots of large commercial electrical installations over the years and
a rule that was strictly enforced over the years in our shop was to stand to the
side and look to the side when operating breakers. On the larger breakers we
stand to the side and use a 2x4. On one occasion a few years ago we had a 2000
amp breaker in a stand up panel blow when energized. Had the electrician been
standing in front of the breaker he would have no doubt died.........

 Max Balchowsky
Design Engineer
SEE Systems
1048 Irvine Ave Suite 217