[RE-wrenches] minimum service

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Aug 27 09:44:01 PDT 2010

Note that the language states min. service disconnect size, and not specifically the size of the service. In the old days we would go round and round w/the AHJ over this in OTG systems. In most cases we could point to the "Service Disconnect" that was rated at least 100A this being the Main DC breaker while the AC output rarely exceeded 30A @ 120V. However, some did not buy this and wanted 100A of delivered service, at this point here in CA we would have to fall back to Class K regs. This was created to accommodate the numerous OTG homes and cabins that could never meet the conventional UBC standards. Our home was the 1st court test case in the state as at the time a geodesic dome would not meet local codes even though we had blueprints stamped by Bucky Fuller himself. Interestingly, their main issue was that they could not determine where to draw the line between what was wall and roof!

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c77eba71bcf694aa4ast02vuc