[RE-wrenches] phase rotation wiring

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:36:16 PDT 2010

I should know this, when you face the motor looking at the shaft it will turn CW when it is wired ABC or Black Red Blue, for 120/208 or 240  3phase BUT BUT you had best not trust the color code, the code no longer requires colors, and when installing motors we always test.  There are testers that you clip on and they will test rotation,of the line.   or they will test the rotation of the motor you connect and spin the motor and it will give you the correct rotation of the leads.
Darryl