[RE-wrenches] AL wire with DC

bob reellison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 03:59:14 PDT 2010

I used to have a customer who direct buried his own AL wire with a trencher,
no sand or conduit for about 600' several years ago. It failed and now I am
the bad guy, it is amazing how many people he has told that I did it.

Lessons learned, avoid aluminum, use conduit and don't let the customer do
it.

I also have seen romex buried with a shovel tip 2" below the surface.

Just another experience for the mental file cabinet.

Later,

Bob Ellison