[RE-wrenches] Direct bury

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Jul 28 13:52:06 PDT 2010

I have replaced direct bury wire from others too many times.
I only set wire in conduit as it is such an inexpensive,
pennies per foot, insurance policy. Only once was the wire
damaged by a rock and this was bedded in sand.

Every other incident that been ground dwelling animals
including a marmot that chirped at the tech as he replaced
the wire run. I guess he was at a loss over his plastic
desert.

Glad to hear on the AL wire for DC run recommendations. I
have stayed away from it due to urban legends and old
electricians tales.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"